About Content Design at RBC :
Our goal is to become our industry’s leader in exceptional digital experiences. To get there, we’re putting strategy, research, design principles, and technical innovation at the centre of everything we do. But we need exceptional digital professionals, like you, to bring our process to life.
What will you do :
As a content designer on our team, you will have the opportunity to shape the conversations we conduct through each of our digital products. To do that, you need to think strategically about the creation and delivery of our content: what we say, how we say it, and where we deliver each piece of that message.
You’ll collaborate with colleagues in other disciplines to define the core value of the digital products we design and build. You’ll make sure that every experience – from the overtly promotional to the purely transactional – embodies its core value as our clients move through and engage with it. In short: you’ll use content to connect what our digital products can do with what truly matters to our clients.
What you will work on :
• Create strategies for using content to support our clients’ needs for information and understanding in the digital products we design.
• Facilitate collaborative design activities and ideation sessions and collaborative work activities.
• Articulate the rationale behind a content strategy and provides design advice or guidance to other product team members.
• Provide practical direction to the larger design team on RBC’s Content Design communications standards, tools, channels and processes.
• Act as an advocate for our clients, representing their needs and interests in discussions about the role of content in the products we design and how that role may affect other aspects of a product’s design.
• Create client-focused textual content ensuring that it supports RBC’s design principles and the team’s design and product strategies, including labels, explanatory text, hidden or alternative text, metadata, and support content internal to a digital product, as well as external (go-to-market) content.
• Partner with peers to shape or develop other (non-textual) content: iconography, information graphics, imagery, and data.
• Apply the principles of Inclusive Design in content design and creation.
• Collaborate with Legal, Compliance, and Regulatory teams to ensure that our digital conversations satisfy our legal and regulatory responsibilities.
• Manage the documentation and sharing of content throughout its lifecycle.
Research and Testing
• Work with a designated Design Researcher to facilitate team agreement on the questions it needs to answer through its Research and Testing activities.
• Partner with the team’s designated Testing and/or Design Lead to initiate tests of the effectiveness of specific content strategies and specific content executions.
• Research content and messaging strategies in the competitive landscape and perform competitive audits pertinent to specific design or business goals.
• Perform content audits where appropriate.
What you need to succeed:
• A post-secondary education, ideally with a university degree or college diploma
• At least 4 years of writing experience at a creative agency or in-house creative team
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically about the challenge at hand
• Proficient in English and French
• A portfolio of work samples showcasing your copywriting work
Nice to have:
• Facility in French
• A working knowledge of accessibility standards and methods to address them
• A knowledge of design and technology trends
What’s in it for you:
• You’ll find yourself in a culture where designers feel included, valued, and heard; in a supportive environment surrounded by peers who exceed in their area of expertise.
• You will work on solutions used by millions of people and contribute to a company that truly values customer experience and remains a Global Digital leader.
• Work/life balance is important to us; you will be part of a company that values your time.
Address: 1 PVM
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel(%): 0
People Manager: Yes
Application Deadline: 03/31/2021
Req ID: 299646