Department Overview :
The SIES Information Unit is responsible for gathering, analyzing, and managing all entitlement and corporate action-related information of eligible securities at CDS and reporting pertinent information to CDS participants/subscribers for financial evaluation and appropriate actions.
Role Summary :
The Operations Analyst is responsible for efficient and effective managing and reporting of entitlement and mandatory corporate action-related information with a high commitment to maintaining effective and cordial relationships with external and internal business contacts.
Key Accountabilities :
● Analyze all information pertaining to entitlement distributions and mandatory corporate action events for reporting pertinent information externally to CDS participants/subscribers and internally to various support departments.
● Interact with Issuers/Legal Counsel, Transfer Agents/Paying Agents, and DTCC, as deemed necessary, to validate information details and clarify any legal/tax implications of all entitlement distributions and mandatory corporate action events.
● Ensure timely and accurate information reporting and distribution processing of entitlement and mandatory corporate action events through various systems and websites.
● Summarize and prepare Depository bulletins, where applicable, detailing all relevant information for dissemination to CDS subscribers within the established service level standard.
● Research and respond to all related queries/requests in a tactful, courteous and professional manner within a reasonable time frame ensuring customer satisfaction and resolution.
● Exercise good judgment to promptly resolve and/or escalate problems/discrepancies within established timelines and document clearly all occurrences and exceptions for future reference.
● Review procedures, guidelines and internal controls and recommend changes where appropriate ensuring operational excellence, risk mitigation and customer consideration.
● Perform additional tasks as assigned from time to time to maintain effective coordination and management of the unit.
Skills and Experience :
● Post-secondary education in Commerce, Business Administration or Economics
● Canadian Securities Course
● 3 years relevant experience in the financial/securities industry specifically in the Entitlement and Corporate Action operation areas
● Thorough understanding of security entitlement/corporate action procedures and depository operations including securities issuance and cancellation as well as DTC interface
● Excellent analytical/accounting skills to accurately determine complex entitlement payments and finalize corporate actions processes
● Strong organizational skills, ability to plan and prioritize regular tasks and special projects through to completion meeting strict deadlines in a time sensitive environment
● Must be detailed oriented, adaptable and flexible to any situational changes that may impact the work environment
● Excellent written and verbal communication, ability to write clearly and concisely and effectively interacts with external agencies through maintaining cordial relationships
● Capacity to identify potential risks and present recommendation to mitigate them
● Tactful and diplomatic in completing work activities by demonstrating urgency and sensitivity to users’ concerns/interests
● Intermediate knowledge of EXCEL and other PC software systems (such as Word, Powerpoint and Google G Suite, etc.)
● Ability to identify discrepancies, exercise sound judgment and act decisively in resolving and/or escalating issues that may negatively impact the operations and company’s reputation
● Display team spirit, honesty and respect in the workplace
● Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
● Enjoy working in a fast-paced and varied environment