Department Overview :
Global Enterprise Services (GES) is accountable for the operation of Canada’s two systemically important clearing houses (CDS and CDCC) and, as a shared service organization for TMX, it also provides services that support TMX businesses in meeting their objectives. In this regard, GES provides the Firm’s Technology, Information Security, Enterprise Risk Management, Integrated Operations, Project Management, Vendor management and Innovation services.
Role Summary :
The Business Analyst role under the Capital Formation Cluster will hold a diverse set of responsibilities primarily focused on facilitating the development and implementation of system and business process enhancements. The role will help improve processes and efficiency across the Capital Formation business by eliciting, documenting, and analyzing requirements around business challenges. Working within an Agile squad, the BA will need to work effectively with both people and information to facilitate a solution to a problem.
We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running to manage multiple responsibilities and projects, while producing high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
Key Accountabilities :
● Collaborate with Business and IT stakeholders to gather, confirm and document functional and non-functional requirements
● Serve as TMX business activities and systems usage expert, for both business partners and internal teams.
● Participate in activities required for the approval and prioritization of change requests with the business partner and the Head of Client Technical Delivery;
● Provide assistance to project stakeholders of project communication, and end-user training
● Define and document requirements into business requirements document (BRD)
● Provide assistance to review QA test cases and scenarios
● Provide BA support to Development and QA teams during the build and test cycles
● Participate in testing, reporting on results, insuring quality and adherence to the business requirements
● Estimate own BA work effort and provide regular status reports on progress ● Carries out any other related task assigned by his immediate superior
Conducts deep-dive analysis of business problems, and determines areas for improvement through stakeholder meetings
Facilitating meetings to understanding business pain points
Uncovers and analyzes data to support key findings
Works alongside the Product Manager to formulate achievable recommendations for implementation
Communicates relevant elements of a proposed solution to the management team – utilizes necessary evidence to support the case
Effectively translates requirements into detailed and development-friendly agile user stories
Works alongside the development and qa teams to ensure an efficient development pipeline
Performs user acceptance testing.
Critical skills and background in order to succeed in the role:
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; strong cross-group collaboration and facilitation skills to uncover and solve business problems, develop recommendations and drive action.
The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
A demonstrated understanding of Canadian capital markets and the financial services industry
Experience working in an Agile and adaptive working methodology
Ability to leverage available resources to complete the tasks at hand
Excellent qualitative and quantitative analysis skills and the ability to translate conceptual concepts to a broad range of audiences
Excellent documentation skills
Ability to manage competing tasks and determine priorities within.
Mid to advanced knowledge of Cloud / CRM experience, Salesforce product and platform, experience with Salesforce.com configuration and custom development an asset
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or similar field
Min 2-4 years of experience in business analysis or a related field.
Excellent software and system troubleshooting skills (Google suite, Jira)